UPDATE: THE cause of a fire which destroyed a family home in Robinvale this morning is being described as accidental.
The Country Fire Authority was called to the house fire on Parke St just before 9am.
A CFA spokeswoman said firefighters reported the house was completely ablaze when they arrived.
The fire was controlled within 30 minutes, but the house was completely destroyed.
A spokeswoman said the family was lucky to escape from the fire.
She said investigators believe the fire started beside a mattress in the lounge room. The fire is being deemed "accidental".
Robinvale Sgt Brad Chilton said a grandmother and a child were outside of the house when the fire started. Both were uninjured, he said.
Two CFA trucks from Robinvale attended the incident.