A HOLSTEIN from Western Victoria took-out the International Dairy Week supreme champion award today.Five-year-old Elm Banks Polly Wolly bred by Chris and Mary Gleeson of Crossley also won champion Holstein exhibit, champion cow and best udder.
“It’s rewarding, a dream come true,” Chris said.
“We bred her ourselves.”
Elm Banks has had a big year, also taking-out this year’s Semex on-farm challenge and reserve champion at the Royal Melbourne Dairy Show.
Zeerust-based Bluechip Genetics won the premier exhibitor and breeder awards.
Meanwhile, the Genetics Australia Elite Genetic Merit Sale kicked-off with a bang. Lot one Kaarmona Snowman Destiny Imp-ET sold for $17,300.
Other results from today include:
- Junior champion: Bluechip Alexander Whynot, Bluechip Genetics and Averill Leslie
- Reserve junior champion: Bluechip Finalcut Whynot, Bluechip Genetics
- Intermediate champion: Murribrook Goldwyn Candace, MJ Sowter
- Reserve intermediate champion: Carisma Cairnhill Paradise, The Zanders family.
- Champion cow: Elm Banks Polly Wolly, Chris and Mary Gleeson.
- Reserve champion cow: Cairnhill Morsan Presence ET, the Zanders family.
- Supreme exhibit: Elm Banks Polly Wolly, Chris and Mary Gleeson.
- Premier breeder: Bluechip Genetics
- Premier exhibitor: Bluechip Genetics