AUSTRALIA Day revellers have been hit with a petrol price spike, with prices rising 20c/litre at many Melbourne service stations.RACV Chief Engineer Vehicles Michael Case said as of 5pm last night, 30 per cent of service stations were charging just under $1.50 a litre, with one in the inner city charging $1.51, the Herald Sun reports.
Servos pump up prices
Share this article
Also in Latest News
- Qld weather worsens
- Woman dies following Noorinbee crash
- Body found in shallow grave on farm
- Fire threat eases
- Police hunt for Cowwarr arsonist
- Wild weather for NSW
- Ita Buttrose is Aussie of the Year
- Wettenhalls in voluntary administration
- Corowa, Jan 25: $150 top in flat market
- Wycheproof, Jan 25: Ewe lambs to $132
We welcome your comments on this story. Comments are submitted for possible publication on the condition that they may be edited. Please provide your full name. We also require a working email address - not for publication, but for verification. The location field is optional. Read our publication guidelines.
PRIVACY NOTE: To read our privacy statement and find out how you can access your personal information, click here.