VICTORIA Police's professional standards watchdog will investigate the death of a man who had been in police custody for intoxication.Police arrested the 53-year-old man in Mildura, in the state's far northwest, on Wednesday, and officers noticed he was breathing heavily and unresponsive when they checked on him.
Man dies following Mildura arrest
Share this article
Also in Latest News
- Fire bears down on Boho
- Severe weather warnings for NSW
- Qld needs help: Newman
- Brisbane and Ipswich brace for floods
- Body found in Queensland flood zone
- Lockyer Valley on alert
- Rain slows major Victorian fires
- PM urges people to heed flood warnings
- Economic panel promotes co-operation
- Baillieu may toughen dog laws
We welcome your comments on this story. Comments are submitted for possible publication on the condition that they may be edited. Please provide your full name. We also require a working email address - not for publication, but for verification. The location field is optional. Read our publication guidelines.
PRIVACY NOTE: To read our privacy statement and find out how you can access your personal information, click here.