A CYCLIST is fighting for his life after riding into a live power line and receiving severe burns from an electric shock in Anglesea.
It is understood the live wire had fallen across a mountain bike track in the Great Otway National Park when the 38-year-old Geelong man received a massive electric shock.
He was flown to The Alfred hospital in a critical condition.
Anglesea Sgt Kevin Warburton said the mountain bike rider was found by other people using the track about 8.40am.
He said the man had left to go riding in the national park about 6am.
"What we now believe is that at some time overnight a cross-arm fire has caused a live wire to fall and it appears that the bike rider has come into contact with (it)," Sgt Warburton said.
The wire was about 1m off the ground, he said.
The rider was in a critical but stable condition late yesterday.
Authorities, including Energy Safe Victoria, are investigating.
Read more on the Herald Sun.