SHAREHOLDER activist Stephen Mayne is running for the presidency of the Municipal Association of Victoria.The outspoken Melbourne City Council councillor will challenge sitting president, Golden Plains Shire Council's Bill McArthur.
Whitehorse City Council's Andrew Munroe will also stand for election, which will take place on March 1.
Of the twelve regional Board positions available, five have been filled unopposed by four incumbents and one new Board member:
- Cr Coral Ross, Boroondara City Council (metro south east region – incumbent board member)
- Cr Geoff Lake, Monash City Council (metro southern region – incumbent board member)
- Cr Rod Fyffe, Greater Bendigo City Council (rural north central region – incumbent board member)
- Cr David Clark, Pyrenees Shire Council (rural south central region – incumbent Board member)
- Cr Ruth Gstrein, Corangamite Shire Council (rural south west region)
- Metro east region: Cr Tony Dib (Maroondah), Cr Geoff Gough (Manningham), Cr Andrew Munroe (Whitehorse), Cr Peter Lockwood (Knox)
- Metro west region: Cr John Sipek (Moonee Valley), Cr Angela Altair (Hobsons Bay)
- Metro central region: Cr Jackie Fristacky (Yarra), Cr Gaetano Greco (Darebin)
- Interface region: Cr Mary Lalios (Whittlesea), Cr Helen Coleman (Nillumbik)
- Rural north east region: Cr Peter Joyce (Towong), Cr Debra Swan (Strathbogie)
- Rural north west region: Cr Reid Mather (Buloke), Cr Gary Norton (Swan Hill)
- Gippsland region: Cr Jane Rowe (East Gippsland), Cr Kimberley Brown (Bass Coast), Cr Dale Harriman (Latrobe).