Top 12 of '12 - The Year in Review
THE Victorian Coalition's May budget announcement of cuts to DPI staff and offices closures confirmed fears in the ag community.
POLICE, government and families despaired as ATVs continued to kill regional Australians this year.
THE collapse of Banksia rocked regional investors and communities when news broke the group had gone into receivership owing $660m.
THE live export debate has only continued to flare since the suspension of cattle to Indonesia in June 2011.
THE Murray Darling Basin Plan proved once and for all that the water debate in Australia is all about politics.
STATE-WIDE diesel shortages almost saw the Victorian harvest season come to a complete halt earlier this month.
A YEAR after the controversial decision to discontinue funding for a major Merino genetics project, industry tensions still simmer.
THE BEST OF THE REST
- Devondale ads backlash
- Boy ducks off for ute ride
- Vernon sets new goals
- Puppy farm raid in Gippsland
- Alpine grazing fight in court
- Earthquake shakes Victoria
- China set to claim land in northern Aus
- One-armed Hobbs back playing footy
- Pilot killed in Hallston plane crash
- Is Lyn White right?
- Fevola commits to Pigeons
- Boating costs to soar
OUR 12 MOST CLICKED STORIES
- Diesel shortage to ease
- Diesel shortage hits Australia Post
- Banksia fund collapses
- Not all romance on Farmer Wants a Wife
- Loved up on Farmer Wants a Wife
- Radiation tests for monster bluefin tuna
- Government defends big cat hunt
- Gillard 'was sacked'
- Driver killed as truck rolls on Hume
- Storms to dump up to 100mm
- Lost ring found in Caldermeade calf
- Two die in plane crash